Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Karl Lagerfeld, you are a genius

I just took a look at the Spring 2009 Chanel Couture collection, and I'm still drooling. I think that Karl Lagerfeld is the best of the best of designers today, and he has evolved the Chanel brand into something that is nothing short of magical.

For this collection, Lagerfeld said he "started with a clean sheet of paper." Indeed, the backdrop of this show was completely white, and paper was used for the models' headpieces. And instead of coming across as thoroughly minimalist and boringly monochromatic, the collection demonstrated a sense of intricacy and detail that was quite appealing. Oh, and the fabrics! Sorry, I'm drooling again. Here are a few of my favorites from the show. For pictures of the entire collection, please go here, and enjoy. This is one of the best collections I've seen in a long time.






all images courtesy of style.com

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...