Thursday, February 3, 2011

Family picture time rears its ugly head

As a general rule, I'm not a super huge fan of pictures of myself. I'm just not that photogenic, nor do I like being the center of attention (or, in the instance of a family photo, part of something that will become the center of attention once it's on display above the fireplace). We haven't had a family picture taken in years, and since my little brother is about to go serve a 2 year mission for our church, my mom decided it was finally time to get a new family photo taken. (I'm pretty sure that in the last "professional" family portrait we had taken, I was definitely more blonde than brunette and was maybe rocking some sweet Doc Marten sandals. Not to mention a matching burgundy skirt ensemble. The horror.)

The photo will be taken at the end of this month, which barely gives me time to mentally prepare myself. (Hehee.) Thankfully, I picked up this little number the other day, and am actually excited to wear it on picture day.


The finished product may or may not be shown on the blog, but I will definitely report back on what I pair with it. (Right now, I'm leaning toward some black patterned tights, my platform pumps and a fitted cardigan with some gold accessories.)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

that dress is stunning. you will look fabulous. family pictures are always a source of stress for me, too. what is up with that? I love them, but I hate them. And you probably made doc martins look good (remind me, again, WHY doc martins were ever in? They are so cloppity...I owned several pair: boots, sandals, more boots...bricks on my feet. But I loved them).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...