Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A wonderful alternative to those awful, gaudy headbands I've seen everywhere

Let's be honest. I've always been a bit of a girlie-girl. I rocked the 80s explosion bangs and the great big bows and had ridiculously long hair all growing up. (Which makes for comedic forays into the pictures of the past, let me tell you what.) But one thing my mother insisted upon, and for which I am thoroughly grateful, was to dress and accessorize us in age-appropriate attire. When I was a newborn, I looked like a newborn, when I was a toddler, I looked like a toddler, etc.

Though my childhood years would be filled with bows and barrettes and (gasp) schrunchies, these adornments would also be proportionate to my age (and head size). Meaning that I never sported a hair adornment larger than my own head. (Which unfortunately seems to be the norm these days.)

Thus you can understand my conundrum as I was searching for newborn-appropriate hair adornments for my daughter-to-be. Luckily, I happened upon a lovely little Etsy shop that had just what I was looking for...



Each piece in each set measures about 1" in length/diameter, so I literally can fit all nine pieces on my hot little hand at once. The flowers and bows are so tiny and perfect for a little newborn noggin. In my mind, this product is the calm in the "I'm going to compromise my child's neck strength so she can wear a huge headband that is technically too large for an adult head" storm. And for that, I heartily thank its creators.

5 comments:

Julie said...

LOL well said my dear! You will be happy that you didn't put those GIGANTIC bows on her when you look back at pictures....... I fell victim to it a few times and cringe when I see pics of my little one with those gigantic things on her head! Those ones are perfectly feminine and adorable.

Kimba said...

oh, those things are hideous! they'll be the next big bangs, a horrible mistake. these are adorable, i'm bookmarking them for (hopefully) some time.

Shannon said...

Those are too sweet for words. Nice choice, but I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Liv said...

amen.

Stevenson Family said...

I totally agree. Big is definitely NOT better when it comes to hair accessories on babies. My friend has a shop littletownboutique.etsy.com which also has some cute ones. Lots of them are big but she does have some cute small ones too. They're unique, tasteful and great quality. I highly recommend. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...