Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BabyLit books are the best

Much to my delight, my daughter has inherited my voracious appetite for literature. (Hers oft times more literal than mine.) I'm always on the hunt for great children's books with fun illustrations and educational content. And, lucky for me, my mother-in-law happens to be an elementary school teacher with an uncanny ability to pick out the best books for my babe. After she gifted us this book, we were hooked. 
I did my research, and found out that it was part of a larger series of books, by a charming company called BabyLit. I immediately ordered Pride and Prejudice, and pre-ordered Jane Eyre and Alice in Wonderland. Skip to a year later, and now there are five more classics that I can't wait to get my hands on. 
Each book features a form of instruction, ranging from counting, colors, opposites and weather. They each cleverly address the plots of their respective story, in a child-friendly manner that is coupled with amazing illustrations. (And if you're as big of a fan of the illustrations as I am, you'll be pleased to know that BabyLit also sells prints!)


Remarkably, these four books have held up against my daughter's "book ruining" propensities. Every day, she points up to the mantle so we can read, "Jay," "Rome," "Prej" and "A-lise." It's pretty dang cute. Hopefully, she'll also share my intense fascination with vampires once I order this.    

What are some of your favorite children's books? 

3 comments:

Liv said...

Those are amazing.

Jane said...

Best post ever. Hadn't heard of these books before - but loved your review. Just ordered 5 (go big or go home, right?!)!

lauren said...

I'm so glad you bought some, Jane. I think little Audrey will love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...