Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Oscar recap

I apologize this is a bit belated... but here are three looks that I chose to highlight. I also thought that Anne Hathaway, Penelope Cruz, Taraji P. Henson and especially Tina Fey (wow, that was an amazing dress) looked lovely as well.

Jennifer Aniston in Valentino Haute Couture and Bulgari diamonds
So maybe John Mayer is a bit of a buffoon, but Jen looked HOT. I love this dress and think it perfectly exemplifies Oscar night glamour. It's a great silhouette and the color looks great with her skin tone. Plus, it has to be satisfying knowing that she looked WAY better than Angelina. (Though I hearted those emeralds... I definitely do NOT heart Angelina.)


Photo courtesy of the Mirror UK

Marisa Tomei in Versace Atelier and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels
I heart Ms. Tomei, always have. Probably because she's got Italian sass... not to mention the fact she's gorgeous. This gown is so incredibly amazing, I'm actually drooling. It's like her gloriously svelte frame is engulfed in a beautiful coccon of satin organza. And I wish it could be me. Sigh.


Photo courtesy of Steve Granitz/WireImage

Kate Winslet in YSL and Chopard diamonds
I'm not sure I love, love this dress, but I applaud her willingness to take a bit of a risk. Basically, I'm glad she won the Oscar, but am less sure about her ensemble. But I love that she's channeling the Grace Kelly vibe. I heart Old Hollywood glamour.


Photo courtesy of Steve Granitz/WireImage

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...