Monday, May 10, 2010

Lush Lilac

This spring I've discovered that I have a penchant for purple. A springy, lovely lilac shade that makes me feel almost as happy as the flower from which the hue derives its inspiration. Though I am a girlie girl and love me some pink, I'm discovering that this year I'm leaning more toward purple in all its various tones and hues. Here are a few of my current loves:

I know I already posted about this dress, but seriously, it's so satisfyingly spring (not to mention figure flattering and comfortable) it's insane.


I couldn't resist the lure of ruffles in this simple, affordable and feminine tankini. The top is great for those who are lacking in the bust area (like moi) and the bottoms are flirty and fun whist providing full coverage on the derriere.

[I'm also tempted to procure this coordinating top for my upcoming Vegas jaunt with the husband. We shall see.]

 What's more springy than a great lightweight scarf? I enjoy the example above because it imbues springtime with a bit of a twist, highlighting its luscious lilac-toned flowers with a neutral background. This gives it a feminine effect without being too childish.

You could also incorporate this shade into an statement accessory piece, like the cocktail bracelet above. It has a sort of a luxe shabby chic to it that I think is quite appealing. Like you could pair it with a great pair of jeans and some heels or with a fabulous LBD and patterned tights.

What's your favorite springtime color?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...