Monday, November 5, 2012

Winter florals

I have always loved a great floral print. Thus, I was incredibly excited last winter when the floral denim trend began to permeate my favorite retail stores. I own this pair, and have been reticent to hang them up for the impending winter season. 

So I decided to search for a floral look that could transition well into colder weather, while still preserving the bold impact that a great print can provide. When I stumbled upon these beauties, I just had to create a look around them, incorporating a few of my other favorite trends (capped-toes, peplum and a linear clutch). This is a great option for the office, or, with a great pair of booties or a high stiletto, a fun date night look. The neutral basis of the color palette allows for various iterations of the ensemble. Since the pant is bold, and meant to be the focal point of the outfit, I opted for a monochromatic top, but I think the lace fabric and peplum detail make it special and a bit unexpected.  
Winter florals

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...