Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I heart Freshly Picked

I don't know about you, but I've been itching to get my hands on a pair of Freshly Picked moccasins for a long time. And not just because the children of a certain Kardashian sport them. (Though of all the Kardashians she is "my" Kardashian. You know you all have one.) I love the fact that this product is handmade-to-order, and love to support independent businesses. 

I was especially intrigued after Freshly Picked's creator, Susan, was chosen to be a guest editor on Brickyard Buffalo. The discounted metallic moccasins she provided single-handedly killed the site for a whole week. In response, she gave away three $500 gift cards (yup, you read that right) to her shop, and is holding another sale of her metallic moccs in May. (Oh the platinum...) Based off of my limited email correspondence with her, I can also attest that she is genuinely nice and really cares about her customers. Who wouldn't want to support someone like that?

Behold, the beauty of metallic moccs...
[Image by Heather Mildenstein, courtesy of Freshly Picked]

These moccs just make me feel happy
[Image by Heather Mildenstein, courtesy of Freshly Picked]

Consequently, when I was asked if I would be interested in reviewing a pair of moccs, I jumped at the opportunity. I picked the Poppy version (shown in the photo above) because I think they're perfect for spring. Plus, I knew my daughter would love the color. 

[And, since this whole blogging process can sometimes become convoluted, I feel it's important to note that all of the opinions below are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.] 

The minute the moccs arrived, I slipped them on my daughter's feet. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the elasticized design of the moccasins made them easy to slip on, in spite of my active toddler. The first thing she said was, "cute shoes." Which was exciting both because she loved them and also because she's just barely beginning to string phrases together. And then she started to dance. (Melt my heart.) The best part? The moccs stayed on. She was able to run and dance around with no inhibition from her shoes. 

After consulting the Freshly Picked sizing chart, I ordered my daughter's typical size, and was happy to see that there is a little room to grow. I tend to have terrible luck when buying my daughter's shoes, so this discovery was doubly exciting. The leather will also stretch a bit over time, which makes them even more versatile and wearable. 

"Cute shoes."
Cardigan: H&M | Leggings: Old Navy | Moccasins: c/o Freshly Picked
Dancing! Even with all of this foot movement, these babies stay put.
(And yet they are so easy to slip on and off.) 
Plus, they're just pretty.
Denim jacket: Gap | Top: Target | Leggings: LeviAndMarley | Moccasins: c/o Freshly Picked
Great for climbing, running and dancing. High quality leather affords room to grow. 

The verdict? Freshly Picked moccs are the bees knees. The cheese to my macaroni. (Or would it be my daughter's macaroni?) Let me put it to you this way... I can't wait to buy another pair! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...