Sunday, August 21, 2011

My postpartum survival kit

Greetings blogosphere. I apologize for my prolonged absence from this blog. I was a bit busy having a baby (5 weeks early, might I add), among other things. But there are some products that I have found quite amazing in my postpartum life that I thought would be worth sharing. Especially since I was playing catch up with the things I procured, namely because I thought I had a bit more time. I had to scramble finding products that would work. And I thought to myself, "self, you should share some of these finds with your blog readers just in case they ever need the info." Thus, without further ado, I present my postpartum survival kit in no particular order...

1. Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump
I know it's a bit awkward for some to bring up the details of breast feeding (I know it left me feeling a bit squeamish prior to having my baby) but I have to mention this pump. It has been a lifesaver thus far and will be quite useful when I return to work. I hadn't given pumps much thought pre-baby, but when my little one had to spend a week in the NICU, I had to buy one stat. It also comes complete with a purse-like carrier, so you can carry it around without feeling like there's a sign on your back saying "oh hey, I'm carting around a breast pump." I'm all for a little camouflage.

2. Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breast Pump Bra (in black)
Because the last thing you want to when you have to pump every two hours is hold the parts in place. I'm just saying. Plus, if you order it from Amazon, you will have the great pleasure of seeing a photo of a woman at a desk wearing the bra. Pretty hilarious.

3. BOB Revolution SE Stroller (in black)
It's surprisingly lightweight and thoroughly maneuverable. It's such a fabulous design and really easy to fold up and whatnot. If I can figure it out, anyone can figure it out.

4. Chicco KeyFit 30 Car Seat
Perfect for those with small cars. Like me. It also works with the BOB, which is fabulous. 

5. Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads
They have adhesive on one side and aren't bulky or cumbersome. Enough said.

6. Elle Macpherson Maternelle Maternity Bra (in black, though I am tempted to also buy the tan)
It's comfortable, functional and kind of sexy. And heaven knows that a woman post-delivery needs to feel just a little bit sexy. Just a little.

7. Belly Bandit-Bamboo (in natural)
I was a little late in procuring this (as in I just got it yesterday). But I'm already amazed at how much better I feel when I wear it. It's not about feeling skinny, it's about feeling the way you felt pre-pregnancy (as in, "I think my organs are finally going back to the right place" sort of a thing). Though I find I cannot wear it when I am sleeping at night, because I have a short torso, I think it's a great investment.

8. Lansinoh HPA Lanolin
You're not really going to make me talk about this one, are you? He hee.

9. Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Bottles
These have been a lifesaver. After trying a couple of other brands, we've arrived at these, which most closely resemble the bottles they used at the hospital.

10.  Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets
We absolutely love these. They are perfect for this time of year, and great to double-up if needed. We also have a set of the bamboo version, and love those too. Best swaddling blankets ever, hands down.

11. Soothie Pacifier
Our little one isn't great at sucking quite yet, but she does love these. And luckily, we got about five from the hospital, so she's got plenty. 

And there you have it. Bet you didn't think you'd ever read a post filled with so many references to the word "breast" did you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...