Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Baby S's nursery

I am lucky enough to have a lovely friend who came to my house to take pics of the babe as well as of her nursery. It took us a long time to decide on a color scheme, select furniture and bedding but it all came together in the end. In spite of being a little tight on space.

The feeling I was going for was bright and airy, with softer colors. I knew I wanted to incorporate a pale yellow as the main color, with accents of grey and other softer colors. I was happy to find bedding that was harmonious with this idea, and helped make the space cohesive but not too matchy-matchy.

I didn't like any of the bedding I saw in stores, so I selected all of the fabric and had a quilt quilted (by a friend of a friend) and crib bedding custom made (by my amazing grandma, who also tied a another quilt for my sweet girl). You may remember this post about the dresser my husband and I picked up and customized with blown glass knobs... it also serves as our changing table. We added this rug, and we're pretty much finished. I just have my eye out for a couple more prints, and then it should finally be complete.

Without further ado, I present baby S's nursery...

quilt, custom made

book and bunny rabbit, gifted
bookcase, ikea

changing pad, amazon 
changing pad cover, gifted (from pottery barn)

bookcase, ikea
lamb, gifted

quilt, custom made (by my grandma)

sophie the giraffe, amazon
underside of quilt

bedding (except fitted sheet), custom (made by my grandma)
crib, oeuf

print, gifted
frame, ikea
lamp, ikea

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...